What’s this, you’ve been writing! Cool. Let’s get you some feedback on your song.
Quick heads-up before we dive in.
These review sessions? They’re tailored for songwriters aiming to refine their songs and craft. If you’ve polished your track with a pro demo and you’re just looking for applause, we get it– but this ain’t your jam.
It gets a bit dicey when someone paid boo coo bucks for a demo, or spent a week mastering their song, only to find folks felt it didn’t need that 4th verse, or needs a bridge.
Quick Band in the Box or Logic home demo to get the idea across if you’ve got that skill? Great. Otherwise, an instrument vocal, lyric and vocal, or just reading lyrics off live is cool with us.
What do you need to do?
You’ll need at least a lyric sheet. Upload your lyrics as an .RTF, ideally on one page minus all the chords. If you’re unsure how to format a lyric, check out our guide for help.
If you have an MP3 to pair up, awesome. Make it an MP3 (max 20MB).
Add your lyrics to the lyric edit field exactly as you’d like them displayed below. We keep it as you give it to us – no edits on our side.
Toss in some quick comments as to what kind of feedback you want: genre, your intent for the song, etc.
- We look at ‘em in the order we get ‘em.
- We’ll need you online for feedback. And hey, be kind. Stick around for the whole session once your song is done. Give feedback as well get it we always say.
- We don’t record these sessions, so take notes.
- Two songs? Sure. But your second will play after everyone’s had their turn, if time allows.
- Submit your song just once. Avoid uploading, re-writing, uploading again, more tweaks, and re-uploading. Not cool. You can explain any changes during the session, no prob.
Phew, that said, let’s get started.